Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reflections...


3 days of diet tracking, 3 different forms of analysis, 2 different blogs...

After all of this, I have learnt a lot and discovered more about my dietary habits.

I realize that I tend to have irregular meals on normal school days which fall on 5 out of 7 days in a week. I have been trying to have regular and proper meals with lesser junk food but the temptation is always there. Throughout this project, I had the hardest time trying to track my diet during the Chinese New Year period as I would unknowingly eat pineapple tarts or one of those random irresistable tidbits. I also tend to take in a lot of sodium when I eat outside because home-cooked meals have lesser salt.

In general, my diet is a healthy one and I am not eating beyond what is recommended in the RDDA for teenagers like myself. As far as possible, I try to balance out my diet by taking in appropriate amounts of each kind of food.

The nutritional tools found on the HPB website allowed me to discover more about my diet and what exactly goes into my food. I found out the exact compositions of the different minerals in my food. What made all these tools user-friendly was that they had local foods like Tang Yuen and this reduced the hassle trying to think of every single ingredient in the food.

After analyzing my diet for the three days, I am also more conscious of what I am putting into my mouth.

1. I look out for the Healthier Choice symbol.
2. When I go grocery shopping with my mum, I look out for food that have lesser sugar or transfat.;)

I have just become more "paranoid" or concerned about the things that I eat.

I enjoyed the whole process of tracking and analyzing my diet with the aid of the nutritional tools throughly.:)

Love,

Thiri:)

No comments:

Post a Comment