Sunday, February 20, 2011

Analyzing my Diet (Day 3)


Hi.:)

I'll be using the Healthy Diet Pyramid to analyze my diet for Day 3.


*Note: The above Healthy Diet Pyramid was from the Health Promotion Board website.

Rice & Alternatives:

Wholemeal Bread (2 silces) = 1 serving
Polished Rice (1/2 bowl) = 1 serving
All the potatoes I ate (including curry, potato and the curry puff) = 1 serving
Brown Rice (1 bowl) = 2 servings

Total: 5 servings

Fruits & Vegetables:

Fruit Juice: 1 serving
Orange: 1 serving
Stir-fried Vegetables: 1 serving
Potato (came with peas and carrots): 1 serving

Total: 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables

Meat & Alternatives:

Seaweed Chicken = 1 serving
Stewed Pork = 1 serving
Curry Chicken with Potato: 1 serving

Total: 3 servings

Fat, oils, salt and sugar:

All the meals on Day 3 were home-cooked. Minimum oil and salt were used. Sugars were also largely from fruits.:)

In conclusion...

I had a relatively balanced diet today, meeting the recommended number of servings per category of food for one day. I am not eating enough carbohydrates though in comparison to other types of foods.

This is the fruit juice that I drank. No artificial sugar added. Healthier Choice.;)

Love,

Thiri:)







No comments:

Post a Comment